As you might imagine, Epilepsy Awareness Month is close to our hearts here at Joey’s Song. Fighting epilepsy through music is our aim and increasing awareness and understanding about epilepsy is crucial in reaching our goal. This month, we’re asking for all hands on deck. There are so many things you can do to help us help the Epilepsy Foundation in their fight against seizure disorders. Here are five ideas to get you started:
1. Make a pledge to our Kickstarter campaign. Our goal is to raise $7,500 by December 16. In fact, if we don’t raise that much by that date, we don’t see a penny of the pledge money. That’s right – Kickstarter is an all or nothing funding platform, so even if we raise $7,499, we won’t get any of it without that last penny. That is why we need your help even if you have already made a pledge. Please consider sending your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors and anyone else you can think of to our page. The minimum donation is $1, and every single donation in every single amount is gratefully received.
Remember, the money raised in our Kickstarter campaign is earmarked for production costs. Your donations will allow us to funnel every bit of the money raised through the sales of the Joey’s Song CDs to the Epilepsy Foundation, so please consider making a pledge yourself and helping up spread the word.
2. Get social with us. Come find us on Twitter and Facebook. That is where you will get breaking Joey’s Song news, like when new artists come on board. You can also use your own social networking pages to help us spread the word. Retweet us. Like us on Facebook. Post a link to our website. Tell your friends that you’ve made a pledge.
3. Join our mailing list. These newsletters bring you up to date on where exactly we are in the Joey’s Song project and new opportunities for you to get involved. You can sign up on our website.
4. Write about us. Do you have a blog/website? Consider sharing our story. We’re available to answer your questions and provide you with images and whatever else you need, any time. Cover our fundraising goals, cover the incredible music line-up we’ve put together or cover a little bit of everything. We’re here to help with your story any way we can.
5. Tell one person about Joey’s Song today. Just one. Mention us to a friend over coffee, your son or daughter as you’re driving them to school, the co-worker at the next desk, the clerk at your local record store – anyone. Not sure what to say? Visit our website to find out our story and browse the list of musicians involved in the Joey’s Song project.